As we see the finish line of 2022, we take a look back on a wonderfully busy year. As of 12/20/22, the team at Open Dental has:
- Helped 1,084 offices switch to Open Dental from other dental practice management programs
- Helped 363 offices get their new practice started with Open Dental
- Created 952,534 tasks
- Created 559,584 commlogs (these are mostly related to support calls!)
- Handled 27,953 online chats with customers
- Provided 656 free demos of the software
- Our training team provided 2,116 hours of online training and conducted on-site training at 33 practices
- Created custom patient forms for 422 offices
- Welcomed 1,872 new members into the Open Dental Users Group on Facebook. Our group now has over 5,700 members and growing.
We saw explosive growth again this year. Here are some highlights:
- We moved more team members into Building G. There are currently 69 team members located in this building which will eventually house 155 people.
- We finished construction on Building D which will eventually house up to 500 team members. Although we haven’t moved staff in yet, the gym is fully equipped and is now open to staff.
- Between 1/1/2022 and 12/20/2022, we hired:
- 181 Support Technicians
- 5 Software Engineers (who program the features in Open Dental)
- 5 Software Engineer Interns
- 6 Maintenance Staff (to take care of our growing campus)
Top 10 Posts on the Open Dental Blog
In 2022, we published 99 blog posts which had a combined 68,187 views as of 12/20/22. Here are the top 10 most popular posts of 2022.
#10: Tips and Tricks for Entering Insurance Payments
If you’re juggling busy front desk duties while entering insurance payments, the tips in this post are here to help streamline the process so you can get back to doing everything else.
#9: Managing Your Practice with Open Dental Reports
Reports help you manage activities, track revenue, and measure success. Learn more about the typical “end-of-period” reports in Open Dental.
#8: Tips & Tricks #25
Troubleshooting recurring charges, changing the font size on the schedule (and other parts of the program), and a review of the e-Prescribe options in Open Dental.
#7: Take Note: The Different Ways We Enter Notes in Open Dental
There are many ways to take notes in Open Dental. Learn about creating templates, recording clinical notes, notes on patient communication, accounting, security, and more.
#6: Our Most Popular Reports, and Using Queries
No matter what data you’re tracking or measuring, Open Dental has a standard report or query that can help! Read about our most popular built-in reports, and get tips on using one of over 1,300 queries.
#5: New Employee Training
Learn about employee training resources, and a new Certifications tool to help you manage your employees’ training progress in Open Dental.
#4: Top Ten Biggest HIPAA Violations in 2021
From information breaches to the mismanagement of protected health data, our friends at Central Data Storage brought us the 10 biggest HIPAA violations in 2021.
#3: Block Scheduling in Open Dental
Patient scheduling is an everyday task that’s critically important to your practice’s success and growth. Learn how block scheduling boosts scheduling efficiency and allows you to schedule the right production value mix to meet and exceed your practice goals.
#2: Installing Open Dental on Additional Workstations in Your Practice
Installing Open Dental on additional workstations in your practice is quick and easy. Follow these steps for a smooth installation from start to finish.
Our most popular blog post in 2022 was:
#1: User Favorite Open Dental Hacks
See the Open Dental hacks (tools) our customers love, and the features they can’t live without.
Top 10 Videos on our YouTube Channel
We published 38 videos and webinars to our YouTube Channel, which had a combined 365,183 views as of 12/20/22. Here are the top 10 user favorites.
#10: Operatory and Schedule Setup
#9: Patient Payments
#7: Clinical Charting II: Clinical Notes
#6: Perio Charting
#5: Claim Payments
#4: Adding Insurance
#3: Meet Open Dental (our company overview video)
#2: Clinical Charting I: Entering Treatment
Our most-watched video in 2022 (with 57,722 views) was:
#1: Open Dental Basics Demo (an overview of the software)
It seems impossible that 2022 is coming to an end. As the year draws to a close, it is an opportunity to pause, reflect, and give thanks – we are so thankful for you!
As you prepare for 2023, our team is here to help you end the year strong and gear up for your best year yet in 2023. Feel free to reach out anytime if you need help.
Categories: Open Dental
A penny for your thoughts...