Version 20.2 has been released as Stable
This was a relatively “light” version as we focused on features that would help practices reopen after COVID-19.
1. The Arrivals eService, designed with COVID in mind.
Here are the basics, find all the details in our manual.
- Based on the rules you set up, an Arrivals text is automatically sent to patients requesting they wait in their car before their appointment.
- When the patient arrives, they text their response, which changes their appointment status to Arrived.
- Right-click on their appointment and select Send Come In Text. This will text the patient to let them know when they can come inside.
2. Open Dental Mobile eService and App is available for Apple and Android devices (coming soon to the Windows Store).
- All of the features of MobileWeb (managing the schedule, searching patients, seeing pharmacy info).
- 2-way texting with patients using your office texting number.
- e-Prescribe right from your phone with DoseSpot access.
3. HTML Raw editing is available for eService emails (such as eReminders & eConfirmations).
4. The eServices Signup window has been streamlined for a cleaner look.
- The Payment Create permission now has a date limitation. This is to prevent backdating payments.
- In Global Security Settings, there is a new preference for Users cannot edit their own timecard except current pay period. This allows users to edit their current information, without making historical changes.
- In Global Security Settings, a new setting for Maintain selected patient when changing users will keep the selected patient as users log off/log on.
New Fee Schedule Tool
If you have many fee schedules, keeping them organized can be challenging. – the new Set Order button may help.
We are continuing to work on many more exciting features.
Please submit AND vote on feature requests to let your voice be heard – we’re listening! We’re only a phone call or chat away if you need help troubleshooting these or other features in the software.
Want more in-depth help setting up or using the tools in our software?
Call us to schedule an online training with one of our certified Open Dental trainers.
Categories: Open Dental, Version Release Highlights, Your Software
Does the html editing for eservices emails include web schedule emails?
Hi Amanda – yes, HTML editing is available for eServices emails including Web Sched.