Running reports is key to understanding your practice. They help you evaluate production, income, write-offs, patient demographics, and much more. Open Dental comes packed with many Standard Report options, but what do you do if you want more specialized reports?
With Open Dental, you have complete control over your data, and User Queries provide powerful information-gathering capabilities. In this post, we’ll discuss how to find and run existing queries, how to save favorite queries, and how to submit a custom query request.
Find existing Queries
Over the years, many users have requested custom queries for their offices, and we share those queries with you! See our Query Example page for a list of existing queries available for your use.
Quickly find the report you need by doing the following
- Use the filters at the top to narrow reports by topic.
- Click Hide Query Details to only display report names.
- Use Ctrl + F to narrow your search further by keyword.
- Once you find the report you need, click the Query ID to expand the query details again.
Run a Query
Ready to run your query? Check out our QuickTip video below for finding and running a User Query.
Please note: access to user queries is controlled by user Security Permissions.
- User Query: User can only run released queries from the Reports, User Query submenu.
- User Query Admin: User can run queries, and edit, add and delete query favorites.
- Command Query: User can run SQL commands (non-select queries).
Find a query you will need to use often? Save the Query to your Favorites list to quickly access it again.
- Go to Reports > User Query Favorites
- Click + New
- Give your query a name and paste the query text
- Click OK to save.
TECH TIP: If you’ve already run the query, you can add it to favorites from that window too – simply click the Add to Favorites button and name the report.
The report will list in your Favorites for future use.
Request a Custom Query
Don’t see what you are looking for? Request a custom query for your office. Watch the video below to learn more.
Need help with a query? Our experts are here to help! Give us a call, chat with us, or send an email.
A penny for your thoughts...