Think about when you look something up on the internet. What’s the first thing you do? Typically, you type a short description of the information you need. Then you peruse the websites that pop up. You most likely find what you need within those choices on the first page, right?
So, what happens with the millions of other websites that appear on the following search pages? Most likely – nothing. Therefore, a high search engine ranking is critical for getting your dental practice visibility and traffic.
How can you ensure that your website doesn’t get lost in the crowd? Here are some quick things you can check to get you started.
#1 Content Is King
The content on your website is critical for determining your search engine ranking. It needs to be:
- Original. Search engines look for high-quality, original content when it ranks sites. Never cut and paste.
- Relevant. How useful and relevant is your content for your visitors? Google wants to present its users with the most helpful content for their needs.
- Keyword dense. This is important. Remember the short description you typed in of what you needed? This is a keyword (search term). For example, your patients might search for “dental implant in Denver” or “dental implants near me.” Your content should include these keywords in a way that flows naturally.
Review your content to make sure that it’s fresh, relevant, and original.
#2 An Updated GMB Listing
Your Google My Business (GMB) listing is critical for helping potential patients find you and connect with you.
You can optimize your GMB listing with keywords, just like your website content. It should also lead to your website’s contact page so patients can get in touch with you.
Also, make sure that your GMB has your most current contact information, including your address, phone number, business hours, etc.
#3 Website Functionality
Once potential patients arrive at your website, can they find the information they’re looking for quickly and easily? Do all your internal links to other pages on your website work correctly? Is your layout clear, and is it easy to find your service pages?
These are the things to consider when you’re thinking about website functionality. If your website isn’t user-friendly, potential patients will likely move on to the following site, and you’ll lose your opportunity to make conversions.
You also want to ensure that you enhance your website for both mobile and desktop users. Mobile devices are responsible for a wide range of traffic to your website. You want your mobile visitors to have the same convenient and seamless experience on your website that desktop users do.
Is It Worth Investing in Dental Marketing Services?
Keeping your website updated, relevant, and ranking well with search engine optimization (SEO) can be time-consuming. When you work with a dental marketing specialist, they do the heavy lifting of these tasks each month for you.
For example, when you choose to have ongoing marketing services with a company like Great Dental Websites, here’s what you can expect each month:
- Increased visibility – Our teams create new content for your website each month, rich with keywords relevant to your market and location. We also combine onsite and offsite marketing strategies specific to your dental practice and market to increase visibility and achieve the best ranking results.
- Onsite SEO optimization – We take ongoing steps each month to optimize your website for ranking. Our SEO team works closely with our copywriting team to create new and engaging content for your website each month, based on your campaign goals and specific services you would like to target. We also work on updating and optimizing your alt text, internal links, site speed, and metadata, so your website stands out for search engines.
- Offsite optimization – These are the steps we take outside of your website each month to improve rankings. This includes focusing on building relevant backlinks and managing your GMB listing, so it stands out in search results. We also compare and evaluate the competition in your market to tailor your SEO strategies to what will be most successful for your specific location. For example, a dental practice in Omaha, NE has very different marketing needs from a practice located in downtown Manhattan.
- Monthly reporting – Your SEO team provides a monthly report detailing competition, keyword rankings, website traffic, and conversions so you can keep abreast of how your marketing strategies are paying off.
Let Us Help You!
SEO marketing campaigns take time and effort to build. Still, the results they produce are long-term because they increase traffic, build your credibility as an expert in your field, and help introduce you to more potential new patients.
If you have questions about your website, marketing plans, or strategies, contact your team at GDW today for an evaluation.
Categories: Business Insights, Compatible Services, Growing Your Practice
A penny for your thoughts...