A few tips & tricks from your Open Dental experts
1. Entered primary and secondary insurance in the wrong order?
No problem – double-click on the patient’s Primary Insurance. In the green-shaded area at the top (in the middle of the window) you’ll see a box for “Order” – change the 1 to a 2, to indicate it is the Secondary insurance. When you click ok, you’ll notice they’ve swapped positions 🙂
2. Insurance paid a different code than you charted?
You’ve charted and completed bitewings and a pano, but insurance paid based on an FMX. Read our post: Insurance Paid on a Different Code Than You Charted. Now What? for proper handling of this situation.
3. Want to know more about the Cloud?
There’s a lot of buzz around “the Cloud.” Our post, The Cloud: Facts and FAQ’s answers some basic questions and provides the information you need to decide what’s right for your practice.
Update May, 2018:
Dental Tek can now take care of hosting your Open Dental software in the cloud!
Read our post: “Cloud Hosting Open Dental is Secure, HIPAA Compliant and Easy with Dental Tek” for more information.
And in case you missed them, here are a few recent posts you might like:
- “Software Updates” (published 8/30/17)
- “Does your Backup Strategy have the X-FACTOR?” (published 9/13/17)
- “The Road to Loyal Patients” (published 9/20/17)
- “Oh, the Many Learning Resources!” (published 9/27/17)
- “Natural Disasters and Their Effect on Mission Critical Data” by Central Data Storage (published 10/14/17)
Categories: Tips & Tricks, Your Software
A penny for your thoughts...