We love sharing Open Dental use tips with you! In this Tips & Tricks post, we will be answering these questions:
- Where can I find a list of unsent claims?
- How do I add an employee to the Time Clock?
- How do I add a Provider’s Operatory to an Appointment View?
- Insurance paid on a claim – again. What do I do?
Where can I find a list of unsent claims?
There are two options:
- Click Manage to go to the Manage Module, then click Send Claims. A list of all claims marked Waiting to Send will open. From here, you can send out the claims as well.
- Alternatively, in Reports, Standard, in the Monthly section, is the Claims Not Sent report. Running this report will show you a list of all claims that are Waiting to Send, as well as any other claims not marked sent, so this includes claims marked: Unsent, Hold Until Pri Received, and Hold for In Process. This is where you can see secondary claims, claims with procedures grouped for multiple visits, and claims marked Unsent (this is a different status than Waiting to Send).
How do I add an employee to the Time Clock?
For employees to use the Time Clock, they first need to be added to Lists, Employees. Once added, they should be associated with a user. Depending on security permissions, this step may or may not be required. To assign an employee to their user, go to Setup, Security, double-click the user (or click Add User if you need to create one), select the employee name from the Employee (for timecards) list.
See our Time Card FAQs post for more details.
How do I add a Provider’s Operatory to an Appointment View?
To add a provider’s Operatory to an Appointment View, go to Setup, Appointments, Appointment Views, double-click the Appointment View you want to edit, and highlight the Operatory from the View Operatories list.
TECH TIP: CTRL + Click to highlight multiple Operatories.
Insurance paid on a claim – again. What do I do?
If you’ve received a second (or even third, fourth, or greater) payment on a claim, you’ll enter it in as a supplemental. All you’ll need to do is locate the original claim, usually, it’s already marked Received. Double-click it, select the procedure(s) that you’re receiving additional payment for, and click the Supplemental button. Then receive and finalize the payment just like you would an initial insurance payment.
Our support team is here to help you. Just reach out any time you need help, we’re here for you!
Categories: Tips & Tricks