A few tips & tricks from your Open Dental experts
In this tips & tricks post, learn more about transferring your patient’s treatment data to another practice, printing a patient receipt (for FSA reporting, etc.), and what to do if you’ve sent the wrong procedures on a claim.
1. How do I send a complete set of patient records to another practice?
- In the Chart module, click on the “Show” tab
- The default will be all dates. If you only want to print a specific date range, click on the button with … to select a date range, then click OK.
- Right-click inside the progress notes area, and select “Print Progress Notes”
- If you need to send the information electronically (using a secure, HIPAA-compliant method of course!), print to PDF.
- If the patient also needs a copy of their comprehensive statement, go to the Account module, Use the Statement drop-down, and select “More Options.” Enter the date range, then click OK.
2. My patient needs a statement of their dental payments for the year (For FSA, etc.) – how do I do this?
You’ll want to print them a Receipt. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Account module, and use the Statement drop-down.
- Select “More Options.”
- Enter the date range in the upper right.
- Check the box “Receipt” in the upper left.
- By default, each family member’s information will appear separately. If you only want the selected patient’s information to show, also check “single patient only
- Use the “View” button to get a preview before you print or email the information. If you like what you see, use the print or Email buttons at the bottom.
For more information on receipts, please see our manual page.
3. I sent a claim then discovered an error (wrong procedure, etc.). What now?
Take a look at our web manual page: Incorrect Procedures on Claim for the steps to take in various scenarios.
As always, if you need help troubleshooting anything in Open Dental, just get in touch with us!