More and more states are mandating electronic prescribing in 2022. The new year will be here before you know it, so make sure your practice is set up and ready for any state mandates that may apply to you, and get started down that road well ahead of the January 1 deadline. In this post, we will discuss the two integrated eRx options, and the steps you need to take to get started.
It is important that you start the eRx Setup process well before the Electronic Prescribing deadline, and especially well before you send your first prescription, as the process will take multiple days.
Selecting an Integrated eRx Solution
When determining which eRx option is right for your practice, ask yourself the following questions:
- How many locations do you have?
- How many providers are prescribing?
- Do you want non-providers sending prescriptions or just sending them to a queue?
- Do you want access from home?
- Do you need to prescribe controlled substances (EPCS)?
Next, review the following graphic, and visit our Fees page to evaluate the associated eRx fees.
DoseSpot: Next Steps
Next, fill out the DoseSpot Registration Form. Open Dental will generate the following credentials and send them back to the Practice Administrator. Depending on volume, this could take 2-5 business days.
- Clinic Key
- Clinic ID
- DoseSpot User ID
- Practice Administrator registration
Once the credentials are received, enter them into the eRx Program Link.
Legacy: Next Steps
Next, for both Legacy Basic and Legacy Comprehensive, contact Open Dental Support to activate the service and walk through identity proofing and credentialing.
Before you contact us:
- Set up the Required Information in Open Dental.
- Ensure the provider has 30+ minutes of uninterrupted time. Open Dental Support will not be able to set up Legacy eRx without the provider present. Each provider prescribing must complete this process.
- Have the following information ready and available:
- State license paperwork
- DEA paperwork
- NPI paperwork
- State ID (e.g. Driver’s License)
If you are not sending Controlled Substances, providers will need to complete the credentialing via email.
If sending Controlled Substances, see Legacy eRx EPCS Setup.
Note: There is an annual EPCS Fee. This is non-refundable.
For information on sending prescriptions or managing information, see our Legacy eRx landing page.
If you have questions about getting started or using an integrated eRx solution, please Reach Out.